Questions asked by anonymous people with questions about DUI’s and other criminal charges

Can I have my DUI reduced or dismissed if I drove involuntarily?

Question: Can I have my DWI charge reduced or dismissed based on information that I drove involuntarily? I mistakenly drove after taking ambien when I took the pills from my husbands prescription pill bottle instead of mine.

Answer: Where is your DUI case at? You should speak to a DUI attorney in your area to discuss your case in more detail. Many prosecutors are unlikely to really consider involuntary intoxication when negotiating prior to trial. Speak to a DUI attorney in your area though to get some feedback on how to best approach your case.


Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Lawyer

About Phil Hache

I am happy to speak to you about your case. Feel free to contact me at (818) 336-1384 for a free consultation to discuss your situation in more detail.

Submit Comment