Statements made by clients endorsing the Law Office of Phil Hache

  • Transferring Ventura Probation

    answer by Phil Hache

    Question:  I am on 1st dui probation based on a Driving Under the Influence in Ventura County conviction I had.  I am not looking to change my plea or anything like that.  But I would like to know if I can transfer the probation to a different state?

    I am done with everything the Court asked me to complete except I still owe on my fine. I want to move to Arizona as soon as possible. I also do not want to look for a job unless I can move there.

    I am done with Ventura county.  Not just because I am mad at my DUI, but there are a lot of reasons.  A long story which is immaterial to what I am trying to do here.

    Would this be hard to do?  Have my probation moved that is.  Is it even possible for me to handle that?  Or if not, is there a way to have my probation removed completely?

    Answer:  Ventura has formal probation for 1st offense DUI convictions. I would recommend that you or your DUI attorney contact the Ventura probation department to discuss the request of having Probation either transferred to another county, or have you put on informal probation as the better alternative.

    It is possible though to have probation transferred to another state if the county and state you are transferring to will accept you and Ventura County probation department allows you to go.

    If you are able to pay off the fine before you go, that will remove a potential road block. Assuming you are on a payment plan and have been paying the fines accordingly, there is still a good chance of getting the transfer approved by Ventura Probation.

    How long have you been on Formal DUI probation for? That can play a part in the process too, as it is possible that Ventura County would allow you to move out of state without having to transfer the probation to that state.

    To answer your other question, it is possible to have your probation terminated early by submitting a motion and having the matter heard at a court hearing.  I have successfully had them granted in Ventura County, including recently.

    There are many variables that are involved with increasing the chances of having a judge grant early termination of probation.  One main question is, how long have you been on probation for.

    Also, note that you would not be able to  have probation terminated until the fine issue was resolved.

    Feel free to call me at 818-336-1384 if you have additional questions.


    Philip Hache
    Criminal Defense and DUI Lawyer
    Los Angeles and Ventura County

    Transferring Ventura Probation

  • Yup, my lawyer was Phil Hache. I would recommend him if anyone ever finds themselves in need. -Rick D.
    We've also used Phil and I agree - Phil is a smart hard working guy and knows how the system works. I'd also recommend 
    him.  - Shannon B.

    Testimonial from former clients

  • Attorney Phil Hache’s article “Understanding DUI Laws” published in San Fernando Valley Bar Association’s magazine “Valley Lawyer”

  • Phil Hache helped me navigate a complicated legal situation and guided me to the best possible solution. He’s trustworthy, diligent, understands the law, and has good relationship with law enforcement, which in my case was essential to my getting the best deal possible. I recommend him without reservation.” – Susan A., Van Nuys Court

    Susan A. (Van Nuys Court)

  • Having a lawyer was the best thing in the world. Phil took care of everything including getting the charge completely dismissed. He made my life much easier and it was well worth the money to hire him.”
    - Holly F. (12500 Driving without a license charge dismissed!)

    Holly F. (Bellflower Court; VC 12500 Driving without a license charge Dismissed!)

  • Phil was a great help to me during a stressful time. He was open, honest, and I could tell he was on the level with me. Other lawyers I consulted with before Phil felt like they were pandering to me and promising the moon or they were outright apathetic. Phil worked on my case, kept me in the loop, and explained every part of the process to put me at ease. Long story short, all charges were dismissed and I couldn’t have been more satisfied with my experience!” Kevin F., Nov. 2010

    DUI Charges Dismissed in Beverly Hills Court, DMV suspension set Aside

  • Nominated and voted by other Attorneys within the community, Phil Hache received the “2010 Top Attorney” Award by Pasadena Magazine. “It is an honor to receive this award and to be recognized by my peers for work I perform on behalf of my clients.” Phil Hache, October, 2010

    Awarded “2010 Top Attorney” by Pasadena Magazine!

  • Phil did a great job handling my DUI case and getting All of the DUI charges dismissed.” -Kyle L.

    Kyle L. (Metro Court, DUI Charges)

  • I was lucky enough to have Philip as my representation when I was going through a difficult time with a DUI. He was quick to return phone calls and always explained thoroughly what was going on and what the next step would be. He patiently answered every question that I had. I truly believe that he got me the best result possible. I enthusiastically endorse him to anyone who need legal help. Terrific Job!” – Glenn S.

    Glenn S. (Metro Court; DUI Case)

  • “…Phil did a wonderful job regarding my DUI case. I consulted a few friends who unfortunately also had experienced the DUI process. They said it’s not necessary to obtain the services of an attorney. They were wrong! If I had not obtained their services, the case would have never have been dismissed by the DA office. Always employ the services of a professional. It’s truly worth the investment.” – David C.

    David C. (DUI Charges Dismissed, DMV suspension Set Aside)