Questions asked by anonymous people with questions about DUI’s and other criminal charges

Out of state prior DUI

Question: Since i deferred and completed my deferred prosecution in Washington state on my first DUI, everything says it was “dismissed”. Even got a letter from the judge. I found out I received another DUI in San Fernando, CA. Can I be charged with a 2nd DUI?

Answer: If there was no conviction on the DUI in WA state, then the DUI in San Fernando, CA should be treated as a first offense. Your DUI attorney may have to run a motion to strike if they charge your new DUI as a second offense. Also, if you have questions about the outcome of your WA case, you or your CA attorney may want to try reaching out to the DUI attorney that handled your WA state offense. Call me to discuss further.


Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Lawyer

About Phil Hache

I am happy to speak to you about your case. Feel free to contact me at (818) 336-1384 for a free consultation to discuss your situation in more detail.

Submit Comment

Find us on Google+ | Google

The information on this website is for general information only and your reading of it does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Office of Philip D. Hache.  Information on this website is not legal advice for any individual case, investigation, or any other legal matter. The Law Office of Philip D. Hache may only be engaged as legal counsel by a client after the prospective client and the Law Office of Philip D. Hache each agrees to the specific terms and conditions of the representation, such terms and conditions are set forth in a written engagement agreement signed by both parties.   The Law Office of Philip D. Hache does not necessarily endorse or approve of the materials appearing on any website which links within the Law Office of Philip D. Hache website may lead, nor do the owners of such other websites necessarily endorse or approve of the materials contained within this website.