Question: I was arrested for a DUI a few nights ago and I am looking to talk to a DUI attorney near me. I was in a car accident and it is my 2nd DUI. There was also an open bottle of alcohol found in my car. After doing the tests I was arrested and taken to Van Nuys Jail. I see you have an office near there and was hoping to get some information on how we can defend my case. Do you offer a free consultation?
Answer: Sorry to hear of this situation. Yes, I do offer a free consultation. Call me at 818-336-1384 to discuss your situation in more detail.
I regularly defend 2nd DUI offenses in Van Nuys Court (as well as 3rd offense and felony DUI offenses), and have done so with favorable outcomes. A few questions I will have for you when we talk include:
- When was your prior DUI?
- What County and State was your prior DUI in?
- Was it a solo vehicle or multiple vehicle accident?
- Was the accident minor, or major?
- Did ambulance or fire department show up? Or just officers?
- If another party was involved, were they injured (or was there multiple injuries)? If so, that can create enhanced issues and be filed as VC 23153 DUI with Injury. A VC 23153 is what is known as a “wobbler” and can be filed as a misdemeanor or felony offense.
Feel free to call me at your convenience and we can go from there.
Philip Hache, DUI Defense Attorney